2008-11-05

Panoramic Photography: From Composition and Exposure to Final Exhibition

The story behind a book starts long before a publisher’s contact, particularly with regard to certain experiences that are more important than others. Without a doubt, the first of these for me was reading the book, Marcel Proust, la figure des pays, by François-Xavier Bouchart, at the Nanterre public library when I was an adolescent. I had the strong sensation that a door had just opened wide for me. This was because a great photographer had published a book containing only panoramic photographs – and more importantly, ones that were so close to my own sensibilities – thus, permitting me to express myself more in this format than in any other.
...taken from the book "Panoramic Photography: From Composition and Exposure to Final Exhibition. The author is Arnaud Frich (homepage). Started reading it today, I'll write more about it on the blog soon.

PS. Arnaud has a photo on Panoye, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment