2008-05-13

Panoye on lifehacker


It was a difficult day - yesterday. Not difficult for me personally, but for the tiny linux server where panoye.com lives. Yesterday one of the most popular blogs on the internet published an article on panoye: lifehacker.

Just a few words for all new users. Panoye is a work-in-progress. There are many things to do, and a few will be ready this month:
  • direct import of panoramas from Flickr,
  • suggestion for better location/orientation of panorama (i.e. if you find a misplaced panorama -- it will be possible to "suggest" a better location on a map),
  • + a few minor bugs resolved
Feel free to ask, feel free to use panoye... And feel free to complain if something doesn't work as it should ;)

7 comments:

  1. Great for all the nice work, Puzz :) Continue that way :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Firstly, I hate the comments system of this blog (seriously).
    Secondly, well done, puzz!
    That explain both why I couldn't loggin a couple days ago and the number of new panoramas since then.
    Panoye is becoming as the new reference of panoramas around the world. So big congrats, you're the man. Kudos to you.
    :-)

    P.S.: it's the second time I have to write this post (first was yesterday) so there's my rant. Sincerely, I'd disable comment moderation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Vincen, Thanks Bernie...

    @Bernie: I wasn't aware of any problems with the comments system... But maybe that's because I'm logged on blogger all the time.

    I hope now will be better - without the moderation. Thanks for the suggestion and let me know if you encounter any more problems...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Puzz, it must have been hectic, Lifehacker shows up on Bloglines as over 1200 subscribers (on a service where even a popular blog often only has a few tens! So I am even more impressed that you bothered to comment on my blog at a time like that. Thank you for a great and eqasy to use tool. It is simple and does the business. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks puzz. What upset me is the word verification not the comment moderation; sorry for the misunderstanding.
    I understand that you must control the spam, and more now you're famous ;-) so choose the comments method you consider proper.



    but I'd remove the word verification (that still is working...)
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Tim:

    Well... it was an interesting experience. But we are returning to normality now :)

    "So I am even more impressed that you bothered to comment on my blog at a time like that."

    I don't feel I'm a celebrity because of a link on Lifehacker's homepage. I'm still a little guy who had his own 10 minutes of fame ;-)))

    @Bernie: *Without* the word verification? Hhhmmm... brrr... I'm a little bit afraid of that :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. No prob, you're the boss. I can live *with* it. Really.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete