2008-04-03

Search panoye

Samer is right:
Wish list: a search box. Strangely abscent.
He is not the only one to complain about the lack of search on panoye. This is something I'm been thinking for some time... Is it better to make search by coordinates, by tags, by description, by technical description, by user name, by... ?

I admit, we programmers tend to complicate things... Sometimes ;)

My girlfriend told me today morning:
Why don't you make something simple -- something like Google search.
...and she is right. So I did it... Not only like Google search, but exactly Google search for pages on www.panoye.com. The search box is on the main page below the latest comments:


Or here: http://www.panoye.com/search-index.html

PS. You all probably noticed that the development of the site slowed down in the last few weeks. I'm moving to a new home... But weekly upgrades will return soon :)

2 comments:

  1. New home! I didn't know panoye give you so much money...
    ;-)

    Congrats for your new nest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Panoye is only a nice project on my Curriculum Vitae, at the moment. I wish the new home is ours, but it is only a temporary one (6 months). We will se later what to do... One of the many options is to seek for employment somewhere in the EU (my wife would like to live in Spain for example ;-)

    Thanks ;)

    ReplyDelete