2008-01-20

Thoughts on partial panoramas

It is 18:47 now. I am working on partial panoramas from this morning. Make the viewer work with them was not that hard. But, orientate them is another thing...

First of all you must select your panorama's type...


...and only then orientate it. For partial panoramas -- you must find two (not one!) hotspots. All problems come from the fact that "normal" math don't work with angles... We all now that:
300+90=390
But with angles:
300°+90°= 390°= 30°
And there are even more problems... If you think about it - absolutely every photography is a partial panorama. Even photos with big zoom factor are. But they cover a very small angle.

Back to work now...

Update: Example with a partial panorama:

2 comments:

  1. Hi there! Thanks for stopping by.

    I'm afraid I didn't do my panorama manually. I just used the Photomerge feature in Photoshop CS3. It's pretty handy and does a beautiful job. I've done several pans with it with consistently good results. No works of art - haven't really tried to up the ante in that direction yet - and no 360s, but I've really enjoyed playing with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I asked because I never tried merging panoramas with photoshop. I would like to know if it works for 360-degree panoramas?

    ReplyDelete